Hey Y'all! We are thrilled to continue our "Best Local Cooks" series with Martina Miller of They Call Me June! Sour dough bread, Italian specialties, gorgeous pies- this girl can do it all! My mom is in love with her Antipasto Tortellini Salad, and I'm a big fan of her Crockpot Pork Roast recipe!
For Koch's General Store, Martina has made the most delicious Georgia Peach Salad with a White Balsalmic Dressing. This salad features our fresh Georgia Peaches, blueberries and our Blueberry Cheddar Cheese- and the simple dressing is made with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar and local A&W Honey! Guys- it's so, so good!
They Call Me June's Georgia Peach Salad
- 4 C. Spring Mix
- 1-2 Georgia Peaches, sliced thin
- 2 Strawberries, halved & sliced
- Blueberries, just a sprinkle
- Red onion, sliced thin to taste
- Toasted pecans-optional
- Koch's Troyer Blueberry Cheddar Cheese, (shaved with a veggie peeler or diced)
- Fresh Mozzarella pearls, or Mozarella from Koch's deli
- Salt, pepper, granulated garlic to taste
Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and granulated garlic to taste (not too much...you can always add more!).
They Call Me June's White Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 C. Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp White Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Honey
In a mason jar with a lid, combine the dressing ingredients. Shake, shake, shake to incorporate.
Drizzle over salad and serve immediately. Store leftover dressing in the fridge.