Hey Y’all! I am so excited about our next recipe for our “Best Local Cooks” series! Kim Hutcherson was nominated several times by friends and family- and when you check out her FB page you’ll understand why! It’s full of gorgeous looking recipes that make me wish I was her neighbor!! She sells Pampered Chef, which is perfect for her and her culinary skills (my favorite Pampered Chef items are the Chop & Mix, Cookie Scoops and Can opener!). Kim's in the Kitchen - Pampered Chef Independent Consultant
This recipe for a Peach Tart with Fresh Basil Whipped Cream looks heavenly! If you are wanting to learn a few new tips and tricks- Kim is definitely one to follow! Thanks Kim for being one of our “Best Local Cooks”!
Kim Hutcherson's Peach Tart
- 1 cup fresh peach puree
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup very cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- Peel and halve fresh peaches, place in food processor, and puree until smooth. It will take about 4-5 peaches to make 1 cup puree.
- In a double boiler, mix pureed peaches, sugar, egg yolks, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until peach mixture is thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until well combined. Add vanilla.
- Transfer to a bowl and place cling wrap directly on top of filling. Refrigerate until completely chilled.
- To assemble tarts: Fill baked tart shells with chilled peach filling. Top with fresh peach slices and basil whipped cream. Yields enough filling for 5 - 4" tarts.
- In large mixing bowl, cut shortening into flour. Add sugar and salt.
- Add vinegar to cold water. Add egg to vinegar and water, and mix lightly with fork.
- Combine water/vinegar/egg mixture with flour mixture.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Yields 4 - 9" pie crusts.
- For unfilled shells, bake at 400 degrees until crust is lightly browned.
Kim Hutcherson's Fresh Basil Whipped Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla
- Place basil leaves in food processor with 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar. (I used the Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor since it is just the right size for this small amount of basil leaves.) Process until a thick, smooth paste forms.
- In cold mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat on high until soft peaks form. Add basil paste and continue beating until stiff peaks form.